Another year is coming to an end and a new edition of Vh1 Supersonic is ready to take us for a journey on the sands of Goa, India. After the first edition, Supersonic is back and it is back with a bang. An extended lineup but a reduced number of days from earlier five days. However, no compromises have been made whatsoever in terms of quality and what is worth appreciating is that the number of Indian artists that have been featured as Nikhil had promised.
Going through the artists lineup for the first time, we went silly with excitement. A little later on we were already picking up our favourite artist(s) and creating a schedule.
Although the list that we have compiled is in accordance with our taste and love the genre of the music, it is an individual preference for which stage that he or she would want to attend. As we all know, it is not even about the genre but simply brilliant music, just walk around on the sands and stop wherever and whenever you hear interesting beats.
Here are few of the artist(s) that are definitely worth checking:
1. Coyu: The Big Boss of Suara, a techno and house music record label, he has been to India earlier this year. This probably will be his second visit and he has already gained a fan base in India. If his recent tweets are to be believed, he may play deep set or might just switch between techno and house sounds during his set.
2. Guy J: This Guy needs no introduction, in the past one year or so, we have seen him touring all around the world. The best thing about his DJ sets is the ability to capture the listener’s attention without touching the mic for even once. You just glide through his sets and before you know it, it’s over and you’re left wanting for more. If not for anything else, we say that you just be there for the intro of his set. It will simply be pure genius and an absolute bliss. Although, he would be doing a B2B set with Jeromy Olander however, that magic will be there for sure.
3. Praveen Achary: He is probably one of the few producers that we have in India, whose style of production/working is of international standards. His music talks for him which is again pure quality and nothing else. We have been following him for long and are in love with his monthly show for his own record label (Juicebox Music) on Frisky Radio. His music/sets primarily consists of progressively dark sounds, reason why we couldn’t afford miss him from our list.
4. Sanjay Dutta: Mr. Dutta, also known as “Beast from the East”, has been responsible for single-handedly creating and managing the dance music scene in eastern part of the country. You would only get topnotch tunes from this guy with the emphasis on techno sounds.
5. Maya Jane Coles: She is a true rockstar!! The only women dominating the house music scene around. Her sounds purely involves house music without disturbing the sub-genre.
6. Above & Beyond: And last but not the least, this trio has spelled magic on Indian continents throughout the years and they are back on the sands to cast the spell again. Their music has perfect balance of modern sounds with classic trance touch and their ability to engage the crowd all through the set is what sets them apart.
At the end of it all, you cannot adore, admire, appreciate and thank enough the folks at Vh1 Supersonic, Nikhil Chinapa and his team for continuously working round the clock to get it right, every single time!!!